Saturday 21 October 2017

The Unnatural Logarithm ‎- Excited Electrons -1981- (Tape, Logarithmic Tapes), US


It has been a while since I posted some real noisy stuff. At the start of this blog I uploaded quite some home-taping and industrial cassettes, but I ran out of them. It all depends on what crosses my path at what time. Kind of the same way I listen to music in general.

Even though the inner part of the cover says something about a tow truck in Ontario, The Unnatural Logarithm was a highly obscure home-taping industrial project from Bloomfield, New Jersey, US. This cassette was released through Logarithmic Tapes (most likely their own label) that also released some other American industrial cassettes around the same period.

Excited Electrons is a classic 1981 time document from the DIY industrial era of the US. It's a mix of synthesizer noise, casio drum presets, the right processed experimental guitar use and provocative spoken vocals. Not incredibly exceptional, but nevertheless enjoyable: quite weird and noisy. It also reminds me of the Variëté Royal cassette I uploaded ages ago.

Get it HERE

3 comments:

  1. I have another tape from this label on my blog, synth collage madness in the form of "Eh?". Have to rerip and reupload it sometime for the modern listener.

    Thanks for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow my friend, this is Amazing. A few tracks but well worth them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete